The Healthy California for All Commission will work to develop a plan for advancing progress toward achieving a health care delivery system for California that provides coverage and access through a unified financing system, including, but not limited to a single payer financing system. The Commission will prepare an initial report to the Governor and Legislature by July 2020 with a final report in February 2021.
Read the news release announcing the Healthy California for All Commission.
For questions and inquiries, please contact HealthyCAforAll@chhs.ca.gov.
Postponed: Healthy California for All Commission – April 6, 2020 Meeting
In light of rapidly evolving circumstances surrounding the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) public health emergency, the Healthy California for All Commission meeting previously scheduled for April 6, 2020 has been postponed. We will update Commissioners and the public on plans for future Commission meetings as soon as the situation becomes clearer.
Comments and questions about the work of the Healthy California for All Commission may be submitted to HealthyCAforAll@chhs.ca.gov.
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. Please stay home except for essential needs. We are all in this together.
Stay informed by visiting the new consumer-friendly state website. It provides updated information and resources about the COVID-19 outbreak and response.
Please see the additional informative videos below:
- Agenda – January 27, 2020
- Healthy California for All Commission Charter
- Commission Charge and Role – Alice Hm Chen
- History of Health Reform in California – Kevin Grumbach
- Current State of Health Care in California – Andrew B. Bindman
- Policy Considerations – Rick Kronick
- Meeting Synopsis
To view a recording of the meeting, click here (password: Commission1).
- Mark Ghaly, MD, MPH. Secretary of the California Health and Human Services Agency
- Carmen Comsti, JD. Regulatory policy specialist at National Nurses United
- Jennie Chin Hansen, RN. Independent consultant at Hirsch and Associates, LLC
- Sandra R. Hernández, MD. President and CEO of the California Health Care Foundation
- William C. Hsiao, PhD. Research professor of economics in the Department of Health Policy and Management and Department of Global Health and Population at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Rupa Marya, MD. Associate professor of medicine in the Division of Hospital Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
- Robert K. Ross, MD. President and CEO of The California Endowment
- Richard M. Scheffler, PhD. Distinguished professor of health economics and public policy at the School of Public Health and the Goldman School of Public Policy at the University of California, Berkeley
- Andy Schneider, JD. Research professor of the practice at the Center for Children and Families in the McCourt School of Public Policy at Georgetown University
- Sara Flocks, MPA. (Senate) Policy coordinator at the California Labor Federation
- Antonia Hernández, JD. (Assembly) President and CEO of the California Community Foundation
- Janice Rocco. (Senate) Deputy commissioner for health policy reform at the California Department of Insurance
- Anthony E Wright. (Assembly) Executive director of Health Access California
- Bradley P. Gilbert, MD, MPP. Director of the California Department of Health Care Services
- Peter V. Lee, JD. Executive director of Covered California
- Donald B. Moulds, PhD. Chief health director of CalPERS
- Richard Pan, MD, MPH. State Senator representing California’s 6th Senate district, chair of the Senate Committee on Health
- Jim Wood, DDS. Assemblymember representing California’s 2nd Assembly District, chair of the Assembly Health Committee