CARE Act Working Group
The Community Assistance, Recovery & Empowerment (CARE) Act creates a new pathway to deliver mental health and substance use disorder services to the most severely impaired Californians who too often suffer in homelessness or incarceration without treatment. The purpose of the CARE Act Working Group is to provide coordination and on-going engagement with, and support collaboration among, relevant state and local partners and other stakeholders throughout the phases of county implementation to support the successful implementation of the CARE Act.
For additional information:
To join the CARE Act listserv, please contact CAREAct@chhs.ca.gov.
- Al Rowlett – Turning Point Community Programs
- Beau Hennemann – Anthem Blue Cross
- Charlene Depner – Center for Families, Children & the Courts Judicial Council of California
- Chevon Kothari – Sacramento County Social Services
- Christina Roup – NAMI Fresno and CIT International
- Dhakshike Wickrema – California Business, Consumer Services and Housing Agency
- Dr. Fadi Nicolas – Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital
- Dr. Veronica Kelley – Orange County Mental Health and Recovery Services
- Eric Harris – Disability Rights California
- Hafsa Kaka – City of San Diego Homelessness Strategies and Solutions
- Harold Turner – NAMI Urban Los Angeles
- Herb Hatanaka – Special Services for Groups
- Hon. Maria Hernandez – Superior Court of Orange County
- Jodi Nerell – Sutter Health
- Khatera Aslami – Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services
- Kiran Savage – California Pan-Ethnic Health Network
- Lorin Kline – Legal Aid Association of California
- Matt Tuttle – San Jose Firefighters Union Local 230
- Stephanie Welch – California Health and Human Services Agency
- Susan Holt – Fresno County Behavioral Health
- Tomequia Moss – All Home CA
- Tracie Riggs – Tuolumne County Administration Office
- Tyler Sadwith – California Department of Health Care Services, Behavioral Health
- Virginia Wimmer – CalVet
- Zachary Olmstead – California Department of Housing and Community Development
2023 Meeting Dates
February 14th from 1-4pm
This meeting will be a hybrid meeting – attendees may attend via Zoom or in person at the Clifford L. Allenby Building.
Meeting materials, including Zoom link and agenda, are forthcoming and will be shared via the CARE e-mail listserv. To join the CARE Act listserv, please contact CAREAct@chhs.ca.gov.