Center for Data Insights & Innovation
The Center for Data Insights and Innovation was established to advance CalHHS data initiatives and help turn data into insights, knowledge, and action.
Programs from the following CalHHS offices became part of CDII in 2021:
- California Office of Health Information Integrity
- Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects
- Office of the Patient Advocate
- Office of Innovation
- View the newly released annual Complaint Data Report. To learn more about it, visit the Complaint Data Report webpage.
- Find new Report Card ratings on Medical Group costs and Medicare quality.
- Data Expo 2022 YouTube Video
- Data Expo 2022 Agenda
- Speaker’s Resources
- Speaker’s Slide Deck
- Data Expo Intranet Page
CalHHS’ data journey has passed many milestones as we advance our data efforts. Future success is dependent on effectively gathering, managing, and analyzing data. CDII is here to help meet those goals of increased data sharing in secure environments. Our journey continues.
- 2021 Center for Data Insights and Innovation established
- 2020 RDH Pilot Expanded to become the Agency Data Exchange
- 2020 Research Data Hub Pilot launched
- 2020 CalHHS Program Dashboard updated
- 2019 CalHHS Agency-wide Data Literacy survey released
- 2018 Record Reconciliation Proof of Concept launched
- 2017 Data Sharing Framework developed
- 2016 Data De-Identification Guidelines established
- 2016 CalHHS Data Playbook developed
- 2015 Open Data Handbook published
- 2014 Open Data Portal launched
CDII will help drive insight, accessibility, sharing, and transformation for data across CalHHS and California
Through inter-departmental collaboration, CDII is developing a data driven ecosystem of products and services designed to improve data sharing and analytics processes for Agency
Contact us at CDII@chhs.ca.gov
CalHHS Open Data Portal
CalHHS launched its Open Data initiative to increase public access to one of the State’s most valuable assets—non-confidential health and human services data.
Data News on Twitter
Follow @CHHSDataNews on Twitter for updates on new datasets.
CalHHS Program Dashboard
The Dashboard contains participation data related to seven California Health & Human Services agency programs.
Open Data Catalog
This is a catalog of all resources currently available on the Open Data Portal.
CalHHS Data Playbook
The Playbook is a mechanism to disseminate best practices and lessons learned across the Agency, consisting of resources and toolkits to help staff navigate data projects and discuss data-related topics in nontechnical language.
The CalHHS Data De-Identification Guidelines describe a procedure to be used by Departments and offices in the Agency to assess data for public release.
Data sharing at CalHHS is governed by the CalHHS data exchange agreement, which includes one master agreement and subordinate “Business Use Case Proposals” containing the specific business case to document each data exchange under the master agreement.
The goal of CalHHS Record Reconciliation is to link and organize administrative, client-level records to improve statistical analysis of CalHHS clients.