Competitive Integrated Employment (CIE) Toolkit
The CIE Toolkit is designed to provide tools and resources on CIE services and supports available to individuals with intellectual disabilities and developmental disabilities (ID/DD) and their families.
The CIE Webinar provides information to individuals with ID/DD and their families on the following:
- The benefits of CIE to the individual, family, community and business.
- Services and support available to help an individual get ready for CIE.
- SSI and Medi-Cal.
- Transportation and safety.
How can a Person Get Ready for CIE?
Learn About Services and Supports to Get Ready for CIE
SSI Benefits and Medi-Cal
Learn How CIE Changes a Person’s SSI Income and Their Medi-Cal
Safety and Transportation
Learn About Community and Transportation Safety
CIE Webinar – Employment Service Providers
The CIE Employment Service Provider Webinar provides information to employment service providers on the following:
- COVID-19 supports.
- The definition of CIE and why CIE is so important.
- “Triple E” practices to increase CIE opportunities.
- Tools to alleviate the fear of losing SSI and Medi-Cal benefits.
- “Triple E” practices for agencies transitioning to CIE services.
- Increasing business contacts and their willingness to hire individuals with ID/DD.
- Work and Benefits – Questions and Answers: Social Security Disability Benefits and Work Incentives
- Student Earned Income Exclusion Fact Sheet
- SSI Work Incentives Quick View
- Impairment Related Work Expense (IRWE) Fact Sheet
CIE Services and Supports
- Limited Examination Appointment Program (LEAP) – LEAP is a way for a person with a disability to get a state job. Most state jobs require a person to take a written test. LEAP gives a person with a disability a different way to take a test to get a state job. Instead of having to do a written test a person with a disability shows what they can do by doing the job. This is called the Job Examination Period.
- Hot Jobs
- America’s Job Center of California (AJCC) – AJCC is another place to learn job skills and find CIE. AJCCs offer career planning, internships, job skills training, job search support, and more. To find an AJCC near your go to https://edd.ca.gov/Office_Locator/ for more information.
- Paid Internship Program (PIP)
- Project Search
- California Career Network Resources (CalCRN) – CalCRN provides career development information and resources to support development of the critical career self-management skills necessary for success in today’s world of work.
- Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) Student Services – DOR Student Services are activities that support a student with a disability in exploring and preparing for the world of work
- Supported Employment Program -The Supported Employment Program provides activities and services, including ongoing support services, needed to support and maintain an individual with a most significant disability, including youth with most significant disabilities, in an integrated employment setting for the term of employment.
Questions may be submitted to CaliforniaCIE@dor.ca.gov